0 7 3 9 8 7 8 7 3 7 2 • s t r i c t l y d a n c i n g w i t h l i s a @ g m a i l . c o m
C-19 Health & Safety
As the coronavirus lockdown eases we have to be very careful as we move forward through the summer and autumn months, in terms of mitigating the spread of the virus. This means various health and safety issues need to be considered whether that's whilst exercising outdoors (summer only) or indoors (summer/autumn). Under the Venues menu above, you'll find specific guidelines for each individual venue. Please be sure to read the relevant page that relates to the class(es) you attend.
SPECIAL COVID-19 RISKS
If you feel unwell, high temperature, a persistent dry cough, or you lose your sense of taste or smell do NOT come to the class (whether indoor or outdoor). Please follow government guidelines on self-isolation. Equally, the same applies if you have been in contact with someone who has covid-19. I will be keeping an attendance register with contact details for all participants in case needed for Track and Trace.
TO ALLOW SPACE FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING DURING CLASS, THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ABLE TO ATTEND ANY GIVEN CLASS WILL BE REDUCED. PLACES WILL BE ALLOCATED THROUGHOUT THE BLOCK SO EVERYONE CAN MORE OR LESS ATTEND THE SAME NUMBER OF CLASSES. THIS MEANS YOU MUST SIGN-UP IN ADVANCE. IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO DROP-IN TO A CLASS.
Dancing in the Park
This is an option in Angmering, whilst other indoor venues that I'd normally teach at are not open. However, there are inherent risks involved when dancing outside, so you must take great care if you wish to join me at one of these sessions. Please read the following outline to help you stay safe during these outside classes.
1) Please take care when dancing in areas where items are placed on ground such as bags, clothing, cones and water bottles. I will be using small colour cones to mark out the 'Dance Zone' within which each person needs to remain whilst taking part in the class in order to maintain social distancing. The space will be approx. 3m sq. I recommend if you bring any extra items along with you to the class, that you keep them all together in top right corner of you 'Dance Zone', which will also allow your neighbours to do the same.
2) Please take care where there might be uneven ground, dips and holes to reduce the risk of injury. Prior to class, I shall endeavour to find a suitable area that is devoid of such problem areas and remove any obstacles, just as pine cones, that may become a problem. Please also make sure you wear suitable protective footwear whilst dancing outside such as trainers. Barefeet is not recommended.
3) If the ground is slippery or wet and deemed unsafe for purpose then the class will be cancelled. Essentially, if it's rained prior to the class taking place or forecast for during the class, it will be cancelled.
4) Dancing in excessive heat can also be a problem, so please make sure you stay hydrated, by bringing water with you. If necessary wear a hat and make sure you wear sunscreen if attending an outside class during the daytime. If you feel lightheaded, dizzy or faint, please stop dancing immediately, rest and ask for assistance if required.
5) For special covid-19 risks please read the next section, as the majority of points raised are the same whether indoors or outdoors.
1) Hand sanitiser will be provided by myself at all classes and by many of the indoor venues. The latter encourage you to use it upon entering the building/room to reduce the chance of spreading of the virus and please avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily, including your face.
2) Classes are to be paid for in advance for anyone able to pay via Internet Banking or PayPal. If this is not an option you must bring the correct money for the total number of classes you wish to attend either by bringing a cheque or the exact money. No change will be given. I will not be using/signing the usual pink pre-paid cards that I've used in the past.
3) Please try and use your own toilet facilities at home rather than at any venues wherever possible. Please be aware that each venue may have their own system in place if you do find you need to use venue facilities eg one in one out.
4) Social distancing measures will be put in place at all classes for whilst you're dancing. Some venues may use markers on the floor to assist with this or chairs to indicate the rows/columns. Each person will have an individual 'Dance Zone' approx. 3m sq. The idea being that you stay within that zone for the class and don't move into other people's air space. Upon arrival into the hall, people are encouraged to enter their 'Dance Zone' and avoid standing close to each other along the side of the room by chairs, which is usually/often the practice. Please protect yourself and respect everyone around you by maintaining the general social distancing measures of 2m. Please note, during the class there will be no swapping of lines. Please also note that venues may have specific rules/measures in place for communal/hall areas, so please be aware of them and abide by their recommendations. For example, at the Shoreham Centre, the exit from the building will be via the Fire Exits in the main hall.
5) A FACE MASK MUST BE WORN whenever you are indoors walking through a public/communal area to reach the room/hall for class. However, you don't have to wear one during the class.
6) Wherever possible, windows and doors will be kept open to help increase the air flow through the rooms.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ALSO READ THE COVID-19 SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR THE VENUE YOU USUALLY ATTEND. YOU'LL FIND THEM UNDER THE VENUES MENU ABOVE. THANK YOU.