0 7 3 9 8 7 8 7 3 7 2 • s t r i c t l y d a n c i n g w i t h l i s a @ g m a i l . c o m
WEEKLY DANCE CLASSES
"I have to say that, despite working very long hours in a demanding job a long way from home, I look forward to my classes every week. As well as good exercise, it is impossible to think of anything else while following a routine, so all everyday issues are left behind!..."
The focus of these classes is having fun trying different dance styles over the course of the year. Each week we focus on just one style/routine so from week to week the class can vary hugely from a Bollywood routine to something smoother like a Cha Cha.
• Be prepared to learn lots of styles of dance and not just one!
• No experience necessary
• Sign-up required
• None of my classes involve partner dancing - you learn in lines
• It doesn't matter if you can't make it every week
• Mainly women attend - men are welcome, but will be in minority
• Most people are aged between 30-70 with some younger and older
• All weekly classes last for 1 hour
• Wear comfortable clothing which allows plenty of movement
• Make sure shoes are also comfortable and won't slip off easily
• Avoid wearing thick rubber soled trainers
• Outdoor shoes must not be worn at Jean Butterworth Dance School
• Classes usually start/end with warm up/cool down
• Usually a new routine is taught each week in chosen dance style
• Notes for each week's routine are available, please ask for details
Photography by Lucy Greenslade
"I'm not sure how it happens, but each week after an hour of Lisa's instruction we have learnt a new dance routine, you name it - we give it a go. Where else would I get to try the waltz, Scottish dancing, samba, tango, disco and many more, all without the need of a partner?! The music, relaxed atmosphere and exercise make for a really fun Monday afternoon ensuring I leave with a smile on my face!"
DAY TIME TOWN VENUE SPACES
MONDAY 12-1pm ARUNDEL Arundel Scout Hall, Green Lane Close FEW SPACES
MONDAY 1.45-2.45pm STORRINGTON Storrington Village Hall, High St FULL
MONDAY 6.15-7.15pm SHOREHAM The Shoreham Centre (Main Hall) SPACES
TUESDAY 7-8pm BRIGHTON Dorothy Stringer School (Dance Studio) FULL
WEDNESDAY 12-1pm STEYNING The Steyning Centre FEW SPACES
WEDNESDAY 1.45-2.45pm WORTHING Jean Butterworth Dance School (Main Studio) FULL
• There will be no classes on Bank Holiday Mondays
• Further venue information can be found by selecting the relevant town in the sub-menu under the 'Venues' button above
• Please contact me if you would like to be put on the waiting list for any classes above that are listed as full
I strongly recommend that you bring water with you to class.
Most of the classes which are listed as full are not permanently full. They just get particularly busy at the start of each term, when a lot of new people join. Therefore, in due course, spaces generally do become available and you can sign up to a waiting list for any specific class.